Saturday 13 October 2018

Five Questions

What Makes You Come Alive?
Life is nothing but a short fleeting second that although doesn't last long but teaches you a lot. I love talking to people and understanding what drives them to struggle against this frailty of life. And in this jest of theirs, I enjoy lending them a helping hand and smiling as they bask in the glory of healing.I know how quickly death comes, and that's why I understand the value of Life. The temporary nature of life makes me realize the reality of mortality and live in the present moment every day and every second.
Your Greatest Inspiration?
My life experience with Nitesh, my late husband, has changed my life and point of view completely. My soul has been deeply touched by the love & blessings of thousands of people who were there with us on this journey to fight Cancer. After Nitesh got diagnosed with Cancer, I could see him transforming as he got closer to the end. Yet, in the end, he still was -as he had always been- a pure and kind soul who just wanted to serve people. The entire pilgrimage starting from Nitesh getting Cancer, then me helping him, us falling in love, getting married, moving to the US and Nitesh's peaceful passing away, transformed me as a person and gave me my realize purpose in life.



An Act of Kindness You'll Never Forget?
When Nitesh and I first landed in the US for Cancer treatment, we felt like lost children, helpless and remarkably incapable of making it out on our own. At that moment Parag Karia & his family came along and helped us. Those few months have been the most liberating ones, in my life. Nitesh was showered with abundant love, and I was given an immense amount of care, support, and respect.There were numerous times when the Karia family went out of their way to do comfort us lost souls, even if at their own expense. They took us into their arms and enveloped us in warmth and affection. The second act of kindness is that Parag Karia introduced me to Brother Nipun and Service Space where I found my second home.
One Thing On Your Bucket List?
I don't have a bucket list. I live every moment as it comes and every moment that passes by gets crossed off my bucket list as a blessing.
One-line Message for the World?
It doesn't matter how many years you live, but what matters is how much you live in those years.


http://www.awakin.org/calls/387/dimple-parmar/

No comments:

Post a Comment